The traditions of the Japanese are long and varied. We had a chance to explore the purification process in this video, sample food, and see the lights of Tokyo.
On a side note: Shinto and Buddhism are Japan's two major religions. Shinto is as old as the Japanese culture itself, while Buddhism was brought by the Chinese via India. These two religions have existed alongside one another and have even complemented each other.
Also, on a silly note, we sampled some eclectic treats at the most popular temple in Japan.
Here’s what you’ll see in this video shot in Tokyo and the nearby coastal town of Kamakura:
1. Big purifies his hands and mouth at Kaneiji Temple in Ueno Park in Tokyo.
2. Small samples matcha treats at Senso-Ji Temple, the oldest temple in Tokyo.
3. Spectacular images of the Great Buddha in Kamakura, a breathtaking bronze statue that’s even survived an earthquake and tsunami!
4. The madness and glitz of Shinjuku and Shibuya in the heart of Tokyo.
5. Some of the silliness and cuteness that we love about Tokyo.