We went on a long weekend trip in late March this year.
We chose Andorra because we wanted a good ski trip and something a bit different. So here's what we found out about Andorra, while skiing a few days, exploring, and staying at Pas de la Casa Ski Village.
Tips for Visiting Andorra:
1. Getting into Andorra can be tricky as it doesn't actually have an airport - you can fly to Toulouse in France or Girona in Spain and then get a 3-4 hour transfer (info here: hola-andorra.com).
2. If you want to ski and hire gear, it's much better to do so online before you arrive, as you can get a good deal and get it delivered to where you're staying.
3. There are quite a few spas around, which are really nice on their own or after a big day on the slopes!
4. The skiing conditions are incredible for the price in comparison to other Western Europe ski fields.
5. If you arrive in late spring or summer, there's still a ton of stuff to do... walking, climbing, road tripping, enjoying the fresh mountain air and more!
6. Andorra is tax free, and is filled with loads of duty free shops and extremely cheap drinks, cigarettes and chocolates (we couldn't believe it!).
7. Something else that's interesting... most people in Andorra can speak Spanish, French AND Catalan - pretty cool!
I say it's worth a visit if you're moving round the borders of France and Spain... a tiny country but definitely worth a mention!
Written and contributed by I travel Croatia