There is plenty to do on the Galapagos Islands.
Here are a few travel tips for you. If you think there is more to recommend, feel free to write a tip about it.
- Climb the hill on Bartolome for the classic Galapagos view
- Visit the Giant Tortoise breeding centre at the Charles Darwin Research Centre on Santa Cruz.
- See the red neck sacks of the Magnificent Frigatebird on Seymour.
- Visit unique species like the Galapagos penguin and Galapagos flamingo on Isabela or Floreana.
- Go snorkeling as often as possible. Snorkeling and diving are very popular activities as the sea life is so rich and colourful. Snorkeling equipment should be available from your tour operator (but check first) if you don't have your own. You may also want to bring a waterproof camera. Remember to wear at least a T-shirt and suntan lotion if you are snorkeling, as it's all too easy to get sunburnt in the strong sun.
- Diving in the Galapagos is incredible as noted by Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine. Ranked as the best dive destination in the world for several years in the categories of Healthiest Marine Environment, Best Big Animal Dive and Best Advanced Diving. Of course it's hard to say what the best is, but for sure it will be good!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at Wikitravel.org & Traveldudes.org.