Here are a few travel tips if you don't know what to do in the Blue Mountains.
- Govett's Leap (at Blackheath).
- Echo Point and the Three Sisters (at Katoomba).
- Kanangra Walls at Kanangra Boyd National Park.
- Watch a movie at The Edge in Katoomba.
- Wentworth Falls.
- Corridor of Oaks and Sir Henry Parks Grave(Faulconbridge).
- Ride the Oaks Trail on your mountain bike.
- Ride on one of the scenic rides into the Jamison Valley from Katoomba.
- To get away from the crowds in "scenic" Katoomba, get a bus (or taxi) to Leura falls, and walk down the steps to the wedding veil falls and along Federal Pass - a fantastic walk, not too hard, and loads of wildlife!
- Jenolan Caves.
- Zig Zag Railway. The Zig Zag Railway is a historic railway. It was the main system for descending from the mountains before tunnels were made, and now it is a tourist attraction. You can drive to it from the Bells Line of Road or catch a Cityrail train to Zig Zag station and change. The train journey up and down the mountain takes about 1.5 hours. Trains run at 11AM, 1PM and 3PM, steam trains only run on Wednesdays, weekends, public holidays and school holidays. Tickets are $20 adults, $15 students and senioprs, $10 children over 5 and free for children under 5. Family tickets for 2 adults and 3 children or 1 adult and 4 children are $50.
Tel: 02 6355 2955 or 02 6351 4826 (recorded timetable). fax 02 6355 2954. email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Megalong Australian Heritage Farm, A unique venue offering rural experiences. Set in 2000 acres the venue has a restaurant, horse riding, 4WD, bushwalking, childrens petting farm, wilderness camping sites and B &B accommodation.
1 Megalong Road, Megalong Valley (30 Minutes from Katoomba), Tel: 47 878 188. 9AM to 5PM.
Here are a few travel tips if you like walking.
- Govett's Leap.
- The thousand steps (at Echo Point, down into the valley).
- The thousand steps through the valley to the Scenic Railway.
- Six Foot Track (starts at the Great Western Highway (A32) and ends at Jenolan, takes at least a day).
- National Pass (Wentworth Falls).
- Faulconbridge Point Lookout/Grose River.
See the National Parks NSW website, for more info.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.Based on a work at Wikitravel.org & Traveldudes.org.