- There are sightseeing ferries that leave from the sea-side end of Dlugi Targ in the Old Town, which give you very nice views of the Gda?sk harbour and shipyards, with destinations such as:
* around Gda?sk port
* to Westerplatte
* to Sopot and Gdynia. Bear in mind that many of the boats to Sopot, in particular, end up fully-booked and that you can't buy your ticket at the boat itself. This is a harsh lesson to learn when you have already waited in a huge queue. Tickets for the Sopot ferry must be purchased from an office directly across from the terminal.
* to Hel
- Make a canoe-tour through the canals
other stuff to see & do:
- Old Town, wander around the old streets admiring the architecture
- Long Street and Long Market
- The Hall of the Main City
- Artus Court
- Neptune Fountain - statue of Neptune - patron of the city.
- Crane over the Mot?awa River
- D?ugie Pobrzerze (Mot?awa River bank) - Impressive colourful rich houses stand along the river bank. They can be nicely observed from the other bank of Mot?awa.
- Golden Gate
- Green Gate
- Golden House
- St Mary's Street
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.Based on a work at Wikitravel.org & Traveldudes.org.