Travellers to Malaysia will be pleasantly surprised to find an abundant choice when it comes to food. This is one reason Malaysia is on the world tourism food map!
Apart from traditional and authentic local cuisine, various international cuisines including Indian, Chinese, Moroccan, Japanese, Italian, Lebanese, Swiss, French, Thai, European and continental food can be found in every corner around Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
Here are but a few to entice your cravings for a trip down to Malaysia!
Delivering an American-Italian lunch and dinner house experience distinguished by creative recipes, Italiannies' boast large portions best for sharing among friends, a true Italian tradition.
Even a few plate from the entree section could fill you up. So remember to go with a big appetite. One of my favourites is the Bruschettona. Its basically home-made toasted focaccia stuffed with tomatoes, capers, onions and topped with arugula leaves and parmesan cheese.
Visit them at
(1) G16 Empire Shopping Gallery, Jalan SS16/1, Subang Jaya, Selangor | Tel: +603.5637 7259
(2) Lot OB3-G-5 Ground Floor, Oasis Boulevard, Sunway Pyramid, No3, Jalan PJS 11/15 Petaling Jaya, Selangor | Tel: +603.5631 8661
(3) Lot S209, Second Floor, The Gardens Mid Valley City, Lingkara Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur | Tel: +603.2283 3675
(4) Lot G75 & G76, Ground Floor, The Curve No. 6, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor | Tel: +603.7728 1715
(5) F355/356/357, 1st Floor Rainforest, 1Utama, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor | Tel: +603.7727 1399
All that comes to mind is Ribs! Ribs! Ribs! A north Miami original since 1972, you can find everything from salads, baby back ribs, fried seafood, sandwiches and delicious desserts.
A must try is the combo plate where you get to savour the best of both worlds - Hearty ribs with a rich beef flavour, glazed with TR's Original or your choice of other sauces and golden crisp chicken tenderloins served with honey mustard.
Stop by any one of their outlets for a scrumptious good time at
(1) Lot No. LG 217, The Gardens Mid Valley Center, No. 1, Medan Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur | Tel: 603.22828243
(2) Lot No. 1.15, Level 1, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang | Tel: 603.21433278
(3) LL 1.43, Lower Level One, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, No 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway, Selangor | Tel: 603.74921188
(4) Cineleisure G-29(II), G-32 & G-33, Ground Floor, Mutiara Damansara, Selangor | Tel: 603.77287833
For a taste of Siam drop by Thai Thai with curries as a speciality. Order the full spectrum of flavours from yellow, red, green with a buzz of sour, sweet and spicy dishes for a variety of choice. the restaurant has a conceptual cafe culture cum bar that accords diners an experience that is captivating both to the palate and eye.
Visit them at
(1) Lot OB 1D Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, No 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway, Selangor | Tel: +603.74919428
Although this may be an ice cream joint you can find mostly in every country, their fondue, only available in selected regions is a must try!
You can choose between hot chocolate fudge or hazelnut chocolate for dip that is accompanied by bite sized scoops of pre-selected assortment of flavours and fresh fruits like banana, grape and kiwi. This is not a dish to be enjoyed alone so make sure you have a few friends along.
Just to list a few stores from the hundreds all over the country here's
(1) Lot G-6, Ground Floor, The Boardwalk, No. 2, Jalan Taylor's, Subang Jaya, Selangor | Tel : 603.56332631
(2) No 55, Grd Floor, Jalan Telawi 3 Off Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur | Tel: 603.2282 366
(3) Lot F2.57, 1st Floor, Sunway Pyramid No. 3, Jalan PJS 11/15 Bandar Sunway, Selangor | Tel: 603.56389931
(4) 27, Jalan USJ, 10/1 Ground Floor, Taipan, Subang Jaya | Tel: 603.563 66481
(5) K19 Ground Floor, Alamanda Putrajaya Shopping Centre, Jalan Alamanda, Precinct 1, Putrajaya | Tel: 603.88811892
Old Town White Coffee
Unlike traditional roasting coffee methods, white coffee is derived from roasting coffee beans with palm-oil margarine. Its resulting coffee is much lighter in colour and once brewed, is served with sweetened condensed milk instead of the usual fresh milk and sugar duo.
This is what ultimately gives the Malaysian White Coffee its unique and authentic taste and aroma. As one of Malaysia's largest kopitiam joints originating from Ipoh, they also cater to a variety of dishes with their speciality being the kaya & butter toast!
Check them out at
(1) Taipan Signature No1 Jalan USJ10/1E Subang Jaya | Tel: 603.56379876
(2) 1Utama Shopping Mall Lot LG312 Bandar Utama City Centre | Tel: 603.77266828
(3) Jaya One Shopping Mall 31-LG1 Block C Petaling Jaya | Tel: 603.79555321
(4) Pavillion Mall Lot 1.30.00 Level 1 Jalan Bukit Bintang |Tel: 603.31419876
(5) and even at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport: Lot CPI22 Contact Pier International which is opened 24 hours | Tel: 603.87760428
Written & Contributed by GypsyScribbles