Your honeymoon is the most wonderful time to celebrate your exciting new life together. To make this special holiday more exciting, you need to make sure to pick a beautiful and romantic spot.
If you have north India in mind, then you'll be lucky enough to find a few spots perfect as a honeymoon destination. The north Indian honeymoon destinations are superbly beautiful.
North India is the best for the majestic Himalayas, stunning lakes & rivers and green views. To make your search easy, we have listed some of the best destinations that you can discover.
Five north Indian honeymoon destinations
1. Leh-Ladakh – Enjoy in the hills
Known as the most popular honeymoon destination in north India, Leh-Ladakh includes an endless list of reasons why its a perfect honeymoon spot. An awe-inspiring landscape of beautiful mountains, green valleys, cold desert, and blue lake, make this an ideal setting for an amazing romantic escape in Ladakh.
Things not to miss include the markets, monasteries and Pangong Lake.
- How to reach: Leh airport offers flight connectivity to every big airport in the country. Jammu Tawi, located at 700 km away from Leh, is the nearest railway station. Couples can also reach by road.
2. Kashmir: Express your love in paradise
A honeymoon in Kashmir is a dream come true for those who dream of paradise. The amazing loveliness of Srinagar and the vibrant meadows of Sonamarg, Pahalgam and Gulmarg offer absolute serenity and mental peace.
The great thing about Srinagar is its natural beauty and also the spirited meadows of Gulmarg, Sonamarg, and Pahalgam. These lovely places to go in the region of Kashmir make this place one of the best honeymoon places in north India.
- How to reach: Srinagar Airport is the closest airport to arrive or take flights. It is accessible from anywhere in the country. Udhampur, located at 230 km from Srinagar, is the closest railway station.
3. Shimla and Kufri: Get mesmerized by the mesmerizing beauty
These two destinations are very famous among travelers and the best honeymoon escape in Himachal Pradesh. Shimla provides lovely panoramic views in the romantic setting of the lofty Himalayas, dazzling valleys and imposing reflections. Summer Hills, Annandale, Scandal Point, and Naldehra are some of the most popular places to visit in Shimla. Kufri, a famous sport-place, is best to take pleasure in skiing and ice skating with your partner.
- How to reach: Chandigarh airport and Kalka railway station are close to Shimla.
4. Manali: strange, tranquil and absolutely magic
Manali is a hot spot for newly-wed couples in North India. Couples get overwhelmed by great snowy peaks, beautiful climate, eye-catching waterfalls and exciting winter sports during a honeymoon in Manali. Discover the spiritual monasteries, heritage temples, Rahala Falls and enjoy adventure sports.
- How to reach: Bhuntar is the closest airport and Jogindernagar is the closest railway station. You can take pleasure in road trips from Chandigarh, Shimla, and Dharamshala.
5. Mcleodganj and Dharamshala: place for a romantic escape
Mcleodganj and Dharamshala present a beautiful view and both are popular destinations in North India. Mcleodganj is 9 km away from the Dharamshala. For the ultimate fun – choose boating in Dal Lake, travel the spiritual monasteries or trek up to the Bhagsu falls. In addition, there are a number of fun and exciting things to do in Mcleodganj.
- How to reach: The closest airport is Gaggal Airport and Pathankot is the nearest railway station.