Each city has its own unmistakable charm, but Florence is something special and the ideal place for romance.
Here are some activities ideal for lovers:
1. Walking on the Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge) to admire the Goldsmiths’ Shops
Legend has it that Cosimo de’ Medici ordered these kind of shops to replace the old fish store, in order to get rid of the smell. At half bridge, padlocks will suggest the most romantic point for leaning over the river and sealing one's own love.
2. Go up to Piazzale Michelangelo and admire Florence from above
The most magical moment is in the evening, when the warmest colors lean a veil over the roofs of the Renaissance. The lovers , it’s known, need sunsets.
3. Visit the Church of Dante in Via Santa Margherita dei Cerchi, halfway between Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Signoria
It is said that the famous poet first met the young Beatrice Portinari during her path to this intimate place. Here lovers lay down prayer cards to Beatrice to protect their love.
4. Find the way of love even in the most stark building of the city
Palazzo Vecchio is the core of political life in Florence, but only a few would suspect the romantic tribute hidden inside it. Cosimo I dedicated to her beloved Eleonora da Toledo quarters decorated with stories of virtuous women.
5. Sit between the works of the visionary artist Folon from the Giardino delle Rose (roses’ garden)
The Belgian sculptor donated 12 sculptures to the city creating a fairy scenario, ideal for resting while having a breathtaking look over Florence.