With quite a few hotels near and around Los Angeles International Airport, it is difficult to find a hotel that fits all your needs. I leave from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) quite frequently, and often need an overnight stay to make those early morning flights or for arriving late at night.
I have stayed at several different hotels and find that airport hotels can be quite lacking. Many hotels do a great job with an impressive lobby, but once you check into the rooms, you find that they are badly in need of updating and renovations.
Recently I just completed my first overnight stay at the Hyatt Regency Los Angeles Airport. I found it to be a good choice for an LAX airport hotel. Currently the hotel is undergoing a major renovation. The lobby and rooms have been renovated and the plan is to complete the rest hotel by the end of the year. The décor is sleek, clean lines, and modern contemporary. Gray hues, and small pops of color are the main themes.
What makes this hotel stand out over the others nearby?
Here are a few 5 Star Tips:
- It is situated right next to the airport and sits adjacent to the LAX entry sign. The location to the airport is probably the best of all the hotels in the vicinity. Walking distance is about one block.
- Newly renovated rooms have been updated with new linens, bathrobes, and are interior are clean and fresh.
- Complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport run every 10-15 minutes 24 hours a day.
- Earn valuable points staying at this hotel for your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
- Request a room with a view of the LAX airport sign so that you can enjoy the ambiance of the airport. All rooms have soundproof windows.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Airport parking packages are available: Free valet parking for up to 3 nights: Additional nights $20/day
It is to be noted that this is not a Always5Star luxury property. However, with few choices of nice hotels near LAX, this is certainly one to consider. If you are a Diamond Member with the Gold Passport program, the hotel offers a free breakfast and an amenity delivered to your room.
The restaurant is also currently undergoing a renovation, but the temporary one is sufficient with a buffet and menu for specific breakfast selections. During my stay, even with the current renovations being a bit disruptive, I was overall pleased with my room and the lobby area. The staff was especially notable as every staff member that I encountered was pleasant and extremely helpful. With renovations being completed soon, I would recommend this hotel as a good solid choice for a hotel with an ideal location to the Los Angeles Airport.
The Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
6225 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, California, USA, 90045,
Tel: +1 424 702 1234, Fax: +1 310 670 7852