1. It is NOT in South America but in Europe.
2. The James Bond film “Casino Royale” was partially set here.
3. It is home to Europe’s deepest canyon, the Tara Canyon, which at 1300m in places even rivals the Grand Canyon in depth.
4. It is a mountainous country with more than 50% of its land in excess of 1000m above sea level.
5. It also has almost 300kms of stunning Adriatic coastline.
6. It contains the amazing UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kotor, which is like a mini-Dubrovnik.
7. Although you can fly there from London direct in less than 3hrs it sees very few British visitors.
8. The Montenegrins were the only people in the region not to succumb to the rule of the Ottomans.
9. The population of the entire country is less than that of the city of Leeds.
10. It is one of the most beautiful and fascinating countries you could ever visited.
Travel tip shared by Wild Frontiers