and again I'm heading to... Cape Town, South Africa! Awesome!
I've been soooo close to the beautiful region of Stellenbosch many times in the last few years and I never managed to experience it myself.
What a pitty! I know!
Until now! The focus of this trip will be on Stellenbosch only!
This region of the world really got me hooked for many reasons and I really have to watch out that I still head back home after this trip. Why? I was told that when you visit South Africa for the third time, you will stay there forever!
Pssst... don't tell anyone that it's my 6th visit to South Africa now! They might keep my passport when I enter! ;-)
This time I'm looking forward to experience the Stellenbosch Bucket List!
Stellenbosch is known for its quality wine, good food and terrific scenery! For that reason, I've started to eat half the portions, so that I can fully enjoy my stay in South Africa!
But I don't want to keep that experience to myself. I do know that you will as well enjoy this part of the world.
So get inspired and look out for:
#Stellenblog on Twitter
#Stellenblog on Facebook
#Stellenblog on Instagram
or just check the Stellenblog Social Wall.
My itinerary will include:
- to explore the city, meet the locals, who's job will be to recommend me the best bars, where I can then taste some local wines.
- visit the Lourensford Wine Estate, Waterkloof Wine Estate, Eight restaurant at Spier and the Makaron restaurant at Majeka House
- explore the Lourensford Market, but also to make & braai my own boerewors. I wonder what that will be! :)
- enjoy a lunch of pap, chackalaka, tomato, boerewors and braaibroodtjies, which is a local toasted sandwiches done on the fire. Sounds yummy!
- hike in the Jonkershoek Nature Reserve and enjoy the landscape
- do the Bites & Sites (Foodies on foot) tour, where we will as well visit to the famous Oom Samie se Winkel. This will end with a visit to Bonne Esperance for a high tea.
I will stay at the Jordan Luxury Suites and after that in the "Stellenblog" Homestead, where the local wine legend, Ken Forrester, will prepare us a breakfast.
Looking at this itinerary... I might loose my passport after arrival, if they should not take it away when entering South Africa!
The #Stellenblog blog trip was created and managed by iambassador and Destinate in association with the Stellenbosch Wine Routes and Stellenbosch 360. Traveldudes maintains full editorial control of the content published on this site.