Here’s some of the best bars and clubs to party in Amsterdam in Summer 2012.
They also happen to be the places where the locals hang out and party. If you are in Amsterdam and looking for some cool bars where the locals hang out check these ones out:
1. Basis – The best bar in Amsterdam in my opinion – in the centre, relaxed vibe, cool decor, DJ’s spinning tunes most nights, order & eat takeaway food or BYO, plus the friendliest bar staff in Amsterdam.
From their Website: We like to think of ourselves as social people: always up for a chat, for a laugh, some food, a drink or a dance, always into meeting new people. Basis is a part of Amsterdam where people can enjoy an open, social vibe at all times. We want you and your friends to feel at home so feel free to Bring Your Own Vibe and together we’ll create an environment where we can all be ourselves and at ease. Of course we’ll provide everything you need for having a good time, but we’ll also provide an opportunity for you to Bring Your Own Food and Ideas.
2. Hannekes Boom - Best terrace in Amsterdam not far from Centraal Station – on the water, nice view, great in sun, come in a boat, good food, interesting people, cool.
3. De Nieuwe Anita – Squat bar in the West that looks like a lounge room at the front, cocktails out the back & dance floor in the basement. Random events on, but usually friendly, interesting and a little different.
4. Roest – Alternative place in the East with weekly outdoor movie nights, barbecues, picnics to creative art exhibitions and music festivals. You can also relax on the beach to the water, sipping a cocktail.
5. Bloemenbar – ‘The friendliest night cafe in Amsterdam!’ New, hip & happening on weeknights with students & party people, same people as Hannekes Boom, check it out.
Travel tip shared by Dan Fennessy