It's a bad surfing day and you need a few travel tips for stuff to do around Byron Bay?
- Explore the 'Rainbow Region' - rural towns and sleepy villages, set in lush and particularly scenic countryside. The area is famed as a haven for alternative culture.
- Nimbin and the Channon are the favourite towns to visit in this region. There is a popular market in the Channon once a month.
- There are many scenic wonders in the area. Byron area has many rainforests & parks.
- The ever present volcanic plug of Mt.Warning (Wollumbin - the cloud cathcher) is a favourite tour. It can be reached by driving into Murwillumbah and following the roads to the small village of Uki.
- There are many waterfalls like Minyon Falls (direction Federal-Rosebank), Protester Falls (the Channon area) and Wanaganui Falls (Wilsons Creek). The drive to these falls is very scenic as it follows the creek and a narrow valley a some nice rainforest.
- Brunswick Heads is also a nice day trip. The pub is a good place to relax for a meal by the river and it has some quieter beaches.
- Between Byron Bay and Ballina there is a nice coastal drive which passes through the quiet coastal town of Lennox Head. If you stick to the coastal roads you can see a lot more beaches.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at Wikitravel.org & Traveldudes.org.