Wednesday night can be a great night to go out in Amsterdam, but only if you know where to go.
Otherwise you could find yourself wandering around and never finding any decent bars.
Here are my picks, as an Amsterdam local, of the best bars on a Wednesday night in Amsterdam:
- Lux (Bar) – a clear favourite amongst locals. Always busy on a Wednesday night, full of students and young professionals. Though ‘just a bar’, it’s great place for mid-week drinks, to meet new people (mostly locals) and even get phone numbers/pick-up members of the opposite sex! It’s also joined to 2 other bars, so if one is boring you can easily walk to one of the others (with your beer) which is very handy.
- Cafe Alto (Jazz Bar) – Wednesday’s feature Dutch Saxophpne legend Hans Dulfer. A cozy & lively atmosphere guaranteed, in this tiny bar near Leidseplein, as Hans & his very talented band play 4 energetic sets in to the early hours. Even if you are not a big jazz fun, it’s a great experience and on every Wednesday night.
- Feijoa (Cocktails) – Stylish, Great Cocktails, Great Service. Enough said.
- The Beer Temple (American Beer Bar) – Lots of BEER!
- Mini Bar - self serve yourself & your group of friends with your own mini-bar.
Do you agree? What else is good on a Wednesday night in Amsterdam?
Travel tip shared by partywithalocal