Join us on our International Award winning, socially responsible Bicycle Township Tour where you interact with the local community from your bicycle seat!
In 2002 AWOL Tours initiated a Bicycle Tourism Programme in the Masiphumelele community of Cape Town in conjunction with the Bicycle Empowerment Network (BEN) a non-profit organisation.
Since establishment more than 5.000 tourists have participated on this tour, spreading considerable financial benefit to the community and much needed income has been generated for small local township business owners.
To participate on a AWOL Bicycle Cultural experience the price varies on sliding scale depending on no of persons booked. Please note ** Prices valid from the 1st Nov 2013 to 31st Oct 2014:
- half day Township tour is from R700 per person min two excluding transport;
- half day including transport is R1300 per person min two and
- full –day Township tour price of R1700 per person min 2 all inclusive
* Gain insight into changing urban dynamic of Cape Town
* Experience Township life with your local guide
* Traditional dancing by the Sangoma (traditional healer)
* Visit to the Masivelani Creche
* Lunch at Nongolozis or Zamas
Inclusions: Transport to and from accomodation, local guide, bike hire & helmet, African Lunch, Sangoma visit (and donations to Masivelani Creche)