Destinations of Central Chile:
- Santiago - is the capital and economic centre of Chile. With its many museums, events, theaters, restaurants, bars and other entertainment and cultural opportunities, it is also the political and cultural center of the country. Its central location in the country makes it a great base for visiting other areas, and it is possible to ski in the nearby Andes and later be on the beach, all in the same day.
- Pichilemu - is home to the main beach in O'Higgins Region, and is a tourist destination for surfing, windsurfing and funboarding. Pichilemu has many expansive dark sand beaches. Several surf championships take place in the city each year at Punta de Lobos, which according to Fodor's is "widely considered the best surfing in South America year-round." Tourism is the main industry of the city, but forestry and handicrafts are also important.
- Rancagua - The city has a population of approximately 200,000 and is located at the side of Cachapoal River. For most of the 20th century the principal economic activities of the region were the extraction and manufacturing of copper, and agriculture.
- Reñaca - This small beach town is a popular destination for Santiaguinos and Argentines from Mendoza in the summer months of Jaunary and February. The most "popular" section of the beach is the Quinta Sector to the north where most of the young, fashionable people can be found.
- Talca - The city is an important economic center, with agricultural (wheat) and manufacturing activities, as well as wine production. It is also the location of the Universidad de Talca and the Catholic University of Maule, among others.
- Valparaíso - The city is widely known for its bohemian culture, brightly colored houses, and beautiful seaside views. Valparaiso was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2003. Visiting Valparaiso has less to do with touring specific sites than it is about roaming the chaotic, hilly streets, and taking in the views and ambiance. There is also an active nightlife and a constantly changing variety of artistic events. While there are some really attractive areas of Valparaiso, unfortunately the overall impression when one leaves them, is one of grubbiness. The potential is there to bring this city, or much of it, back to its former attractiveness.
- Viña del Mar - "The Garden City" is a beach resort town close to Santiago de Chile. It's the most important beach in country. It plays host to a famous music festival every year in mid-February.
Highlights of Central Chile:
- Algarrobo - is a popular summer resort for the population of Santiago. The San Alfonso del Mar resort, located north of the city, is home to the world's largest outdoor pool.
- Portillo - is a ski resort in Central Chile. It is located close to the Argentine border and the actual skiing area runs right across the serpentine road to Mendoza. With an extraordinary skiable terrain, natural beauty and numerous facilities and apres ski activities, Portillo is a tourist destination for all ages. It has ski slopes for all levels, 14 lifts, certified instructors are committed to help guests enjoy the ski and snowboard, people feel like home.
- Maitencillo - is a small beach town near Santiago, Chile. It is north of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. It is best reached by car and is a popular weekend destination for Santiaguinos.
- Radal Siete Tazas National Reserve - extraordinary bucolic paradise of waterfalls and lakes. It lies in a pre-Andean area close to Descabezado Grande volcano. The reserve's most popular feature is the area known as Siete Tazas (Seven Cups), which consists of seven consecutive natural pools with their respective waterfalls along Claro River. There are also two high waterfalls called El Velo de Novia (The Bridal Veil) and La Leona (The Lioness), with single vertical drops of 40 and 20 metres respectively.
- Valle Nevado - is considered one of the most modern ski resorts in South America. Consistent upgrades and investments have extended runs and resulted in a large and varied terrain park with a number of features. Heliskiing is also offered.
- Vilches - is located in the Andean mountain skirts of San Clemente (Vilches Alto), offers an attractive setting that borders the north bank of the River Lircay. Vilches is the ideal place for nature lovers and outdoor activities, hiking, horseback riding, and connect with nature. This place is one of the cheapest for this kind of activities, locals also offer stays very cheap and very good quality, internet access, tourism guide, horseback riding and relaxation areas.