To be present is to be prayerful. - Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
There are rooms in the Golden Temple for tourist to stay for max 3 days. Beside free accommodation, they also offer free food. This temple is open 24 hours.
It's very nice walk around the temple or just sit near the large lake which consists of Amrit ("holy water" or "immortal nectar").
The only restrictions on Sri Harmandir Sahib's visitors concern their behavior when entering and while visiting:
Maintaining the purity of the sacred space and of one's body while in it:
- Upon entering the premises, removing one's shoes (leaving them off for the duration of one's visit) and washing one's feet in the small pool of water provided;
- Not drinking alcohol, eating meat, or smoking cigarettes or other drugs while in the shrine
- Wearing a head covering (a sign of respect) (the Gurdwara provides head scarves for visitors who have not brought a suitable covering);
- Not wearing shoes (see above).
How to act:
- One must also sit on the ground while in the Darbar Sahib as a sign of deference to both the Sri Guru Granth Sahib and God.
I will definitely revisit this place sometime in the future.
Travel photography shared by sysilia